Saturday, February 2, 2008

The pressure of coming up with a title is too great.

Last night I met a man who had an authentic Russian fur hat, which he bought while riding the Trans-Siberian Railway in 1981. Originally from Canada, he has only been back to North America twice in a really long time, both times for a parent's funeral. Now that he is retired, he spends half the year in England and half the year in Asia. His name is Brian, and he is 62. When I am 62 I hope I qualify as a really cool person to meet.

EDIT: Also, he played for the New York Rangers (I think. It was some NHL team; I'm almost positive it was the Rangers) and played 6 games in the NHL.

The only thing I absolutely hate about this experience so far is that I am 2 miles away from everything. And that means that late at night it is not safe for me to walk the 2 miles back to my dorm alone and half drunk. So I have to pay for cab fare. SUCK. I think there is a night bus, so I guess I will have to figure out how to catch that.

3 comments:

Detgen said...

Don't you mean a KNIGHT bus?

Paul J. Nguyen said...

Well, I was gonna say, "*ahem* 'knight,'" but apparently I'm a day late.

CioCio said...

Lindsey - I am intrigued by this former NHL'er. I have looked up both all-time rosters of the New York Rangers and New York Islanders, and nothing is coming up that fits the criteria. Is it possible that he played for another New York team that was in another league? Or this could all be cleared up if you just knew his last name. Will you be seeing him again? Anyways, I'm much enjoying your blogs.