Thursday, February 28, 2008

Hola Tanneritos!

For some reason I have had writer's block this week re: this blog. I guess nothing that special has happened this week that doesn't involve a lot of alcohol and/or me being embarrassing, two things that I don't really like to talk about.

I went to Sainsbury's today to buy some prepackaged foodities, and the lady at the checkout was an enormous bitch. I handed her my Nectar card, which is something I got for free thinking it was like a VIC card but it isn't. I actually don't really know what it does, I just hand it over out of habit. So I gave it to her and I thought she said "Do you want debit?" And I was confused; I thought she thought it was my debit card (it looks kind of like one) and I said, "No." I thought she wasn't going to scan it so I picked it up and she was like, "Is that yours?" And I was like, "Yes." And she was like, "WELL THAT'S WHAT I JUST ASKED YOU." Except really somewhere in between regular letters and caps. And then I slapped her and said, "STOP MUMBLING AND ALSO YOUR HAIR IS SO UGLY." Not really. I didn't say the bit about the hair.

This week has been really unproductive. For the first time since I've been here I didn't read everything I was supposed to for seminar, but I didn't really care because it was modern poetry so I wasn't going to have anything to say about it anyway. I felt really bad, though, because I fell asleep hardcore in my seminar and there are only about 7 other people in it. I have been trying to write this paper for my Shakespeare class, but I have been really uninspired. It's a minimum of 2700 words, and I just keep thinking about how much that is, and how I'm never going to get it done.

I might need to stop drinking so much. But I probably won't. Last night we didn't go to the pub, we just stayed in and played drinking games. I think that was probably a bad decision; I tend to drink a lot more when I can just reach into the fridge for another beer rather than having to walk all the way up to the bar and interact with another human being. We played Ring of Fire, or Circle of Death, or whatever you call it. I kept drawing aces and having to make up rules, something at which I am crap.

Tomorrow I am off to Canterbury to relive the summer of '05. I'm definitely going to have to sing some choral tunes. Maybe a little "Can You Hear," or perhaps "Virgines Prudentes." I'm pretty excited. It won't be the same without my blue sweatshirt. Oh no, and I didn't even bring a GYC t-shirt with me. O lamentable day.

Sainsbury's Basics macaroni and cheese is not very good.

P.S. You people need to vote in this poll. Or perhaps my entire readership is made up of the four people who did vote. If that is the case, then good on y'all. (Oh man I haven't said y'all in a very long time.)

2 comments:

Detgen said...

Please overcome that writer's block. Some of us depend on having clever blog posts to lighten up our days.

Also: sounds like that bitch totally deserved it.

Unknown said...

I voted in your poll, Windsey. I'm looking forward to seeing you in Napoli where we can order drinks in a foreign language!