Friday, February 22, 2008

Nothing is impossible except dinosaurs.

Today the rain came, so the weather here continues to be shit. Although not as shit as it could be, since the rain is light. Persistent, but light. My hair is going crazy.

I have finally located the cheap, cafeteria style lunch place on campus. It's called The Refectory. Its 2 lane cashier system and long tables are somehow comforting. And the pizza isn't bad. I had a piece the other day that had sweetcorn on it. What is with the English and sweetcorn? It's a relationship that I am in favor of.

I get a lot more cards here than I would if I were in Chapel Hill, and I keep opening each one expecting a five or ten dollar bill to fall out as per usual. It's not going to happen. I am enjoying the amount of regular mail I'm receiving, though. It's a much nicer surprise than an email. And actually, come to think of it, no one really emails me other than my mom. And the DTH listserv.

I think tonight for dinner I'm going to cook the steak pie I bought at Sainsbury's. I had the best steak pie while I was in Cardiff at this place called The Rummer Tavern. Oh man. Just thinking about it makes me hungry. Pies with meat in them are genius. I mean, come on. PIE. MEAT. What's not to love? All this talk of pie makes me crave one of Uncle Pete's cherry pies. One of these days I need to be in a serious relationship with something other than food.

Okay. Today was supposed to be the day when Fall 2008 course listings went online. Apparently that was a huge lie. It's 11:20 in Chapel Hill. They should be up. I put this date on my Google calendar. Thanks for nothing, University Registrar. All you do is hurt me.

I really want to plan my schedule. I didn't get to do it last semester.

EDIT: Apparently now they go online the 25th. I have to wait all the way until Monday. I could have sworn I didn't Google calendar it wrong, but I guess I must have. Or perhaps the Registrar is just very tricksy.

4 comments:

Detgen said...

Sorry, meat pies are gross. Also: your relationship with class-planning is also something worth worrying about.

Detgen said...

Gross, I used "also" twice in the same sentence.

Lindsey said...

You also used gross in both posts. What a fantastic word. How can you dislike meat pies? You don't even like chicken pot pie?

Detgen said...

We had this talk already, but I feel the Internet, also, needs to know how this went down. Chicken pot pies are different. And I don't like gravy.