Friday, February 15, 2008

I hate hills.

Today is one of those days where I just feel fed up with being here and want to go home. I am tired of mean British people and their counterintuitive education system. I am also tired of spending money, and not seeing my family, and not being able to watch TV. I am also tired of being forced to delete my trusty anti-virus software so I can install McAfee, which is clearly the worst anti-virus software on the face of the planet. Without changing any of my internet habits, my computer has recently been compromised. I would like to report a rape, ladies and gentlemen. Poor ThinkPad.

So, yeah. Today was pretty crappy. I had to turn in my essay, and the process of turning it was really complicated. It involved filling out forms in triplicate and getting a receipt.

Right now, though, my bad mood has been temporarily lifted because when I walked in the door, I saw a letter on the floor addressed to me in the unmistakable hand of one Paul J Nguyen. As I lifted the envelope, I knew right away that there were DTH crosswords inside. It was like I could smell them; they were calling to me. There is nothing like DTH highlights and the promise of sudoku and crosswords to make me feel better. Paul, you are truly a god among men.

Oh, my Valentine's Day was eventful. A brief overview: alcohol, Kit-Kats, strip club, alcohol, dance club, chips and cheese, expensive cab ride home. British strippers are pretty nice. My last fiver went to pay for a friend's lap dance.

I'm still pretty down on England right now, so I am going to sit in my room and eat my feelings while watching Arrested Development and doing crosswords.

P.S. Those of you who believe in God, please pray that I'm not getting another chronic cough.

1 comment:

Detgen said...

Remember that time you had a chronic cough and were living with me and I used to yell STOP COUGHING and tell you to go to the doctor but you didn't forever?

Me too.