Monday, February 4, 2008

I am tired. I am true of heart!

Last night I watched the Super Bowl, which is two words. I was happy the Giants won because I still really dislike the Patriots for beating the Panthers that one time in the Super Bowl. Also, football is stupid, boring, and really impossible to explain.

On Wednesday I get to return my faulty copy of If on a winter's night a traveler. The irony of the situation continues to amuse me.

It is possible that the guy from Canada did not play for the Rangers. He may have played for a Canadian team. I was drunk when I met him, and I don't watch hockey except for in uplifting sports movies. FLYING V!

Today my lecture for Contemporary Writing was about post-modernism. The girl I sat with didn't like it; she said the lecturer kept trying to make jokes that weren't funny. Apparently we do not have the same sense of humor. There was a great quotation he attributed to "the German poet" (at least I think that's what he said). It was this: "I don't know where irony ends and heaven begins." Also, he read aloud a part from A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius and the scene from Pulp Fiction where Vincent and Jules discuss the Royale with cheese. I thought it was an inspiring lecture.

I am hoping to go to Cardiff this weekend, which should be excellent. Destination: Wales!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I went to Cardiff for a day, though we really only went to the castle. It was fun.