Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day.

So I am sick. I have that awful raw throat thing. Nothing much else hurts; I have a runny nose (that's not new) and a bit of a headache. Mostly it's just my throat hurts and I sound like a dude. Everyone is sick right now. I feel very bandwagon-y. Possibly I caught it from people in America through the internet.

So my plans for Easter break are coming together. I am traveling around with 3-4 other study abroad students to Prague, Munich, Amsterdam, and possibly Paris, and I'm also going to visit Greg in Naples on my own. Hopefully Ashley and Joe will show up in one of the the places I'm going.

I am probably going to spend a whole lot of money, but I'm trying not to worry about it too much. If I think about it for prolonged periods of time, I have a tiny heart attack. It clearly is a once in a lifetime opportunity, though. I can only really pull off backpacking around Europe while I'm in my 20s, and I don't know if I'll be over here again in the next 1o years. So I've got to do it now. Carpe diem or something. Gather ye rosebuds. Etc.

Today was a pretty good day, although it featured two things worth complaining about. One is that I'm sick. The other is that I have written an entire essay on Lolita using MLA formatting. I thought, OK. If I ask my tutor, she'll probably say it's fine to leave it in MLA. No. I have to change all my citations to the English department's style, which is really irritating. Plus it's all footnotes and endnotes, which is a royal pain in my ass. I am just an enormous fan of parenthetical citations. I can't hide it any longer.

But other than those two things, today was pretty good. I hung out with some people, ate a SPAM Reuben, and got a Cadbury egg. Tomorrow (or today I guess, considering the title of this post) I am possibly going to a strip club.

This is the life I lead, apparently.

I love you guys. I miss you. Happy Valentine's Day. When I get home we are having a hug.

No comments: