Monday, February 25, 2008

By the power of Greyskull!

I just remembered that during my walk back yesterday I narrowly avoided being shat upon by a bird. I was literally mere centimeters away from having a really horrible day.

I recently got an invoice charging me for the 5 days I was forced to stay in a hotel. The weekly rent for my dorm is around 70 pounds. I am being charged 160 pounds for my hotel stay. This is ridiculous. I did not ask to be put up at a rate of 32 pounds per night, nor was I told I would be responsible for the fees. I could spend 160 pounds on something worthwhile. Like consumables.

I hate when I start reading a book for fun and then have to stop to do actual school work. I read some of The Road by Cormac McCarthy on the bus back to Bristol, and I was really enjoying it. But I will feel guilty if I stop rereading Romeo and Juliet and taking notes on it for my essay just to read The Road. Maybe I'll read it just for like, ten minutes. Or twenty.

As of a month before I actually register for classes, here is what I am planning on taking next semester (because I know you are very interested):

Engl 338 - 19th Century British Novel (MW 12-12:50)
Engl 319 - Intro to Medieval English Lit (TR 3:30-4:45)
Ling 202 - Language Variation and Change (TR 2-3:15)
Ling 547 - Language Deficits and Cognition (TR 12:30-1:45)
Phya 236 - Swim Conditioning or Self Defense (Both MW 11-11:50)
Biol 101L - Biology 101 Lab (M 2-4:50)

You will notice that this means I have Fridays off. What. Up.

I really want to take Language Deficits and Cognition because it sounds awesome. Here is the course description: Survey of the linguistics properties associated with aphasia, autism, Williams Syndrome dyslexia, and schizophrenia. Emphasis on the implications of these conditions for theories of mind. Spring. Hendrick, Terry.

Unluckily enough, however, Terry is teaching next semester instead of Hendrick. Terry was my prof for Semantics, and I really loathed that class. Also, he was definitely not as awesome a lecturer as Hendrick. There is a big chance that this class will not be offered in the spring, though, so I am going to sign up anyway and drop it if it seems like it will be a Semantics repeat.

If I end up dropping my bio lab again, I hope I get some sort of failure award from the department. Congratulations! Third semester you couldn't stick it out past the hand-washing lab! Here's an honorary agar plate with your name written in Sharpie! At that point shouldn't they just give me the credit because I've tried so many times? Like a walk in baseball?

1 comment:

Detgen said...

I cannot believe you posted your projected schedule. We're going to have words.