Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Michael Scott's Dunder Mifflin Scranton Meredith Palmer Memorial Celebrity Rabies Awareness Pro-Am Fun Run Race For The Cure.

I actually had a surprisingly (and suspiciously) lucky St. Patrick's Day.

As I got ready to head out for the night, I put on some jeans and found a fiver in one of the pockets. Good. Then at the cider bar we went to there was actually enough room for all 15 or so of us to sit together on the heated patio. Unanticipated. And then while I was walking back home I found a tenner on the ground. Excellent.

Of course, being a generally pessimistic and somewhat superstitious person, I am now wondering what kind of shitstorm I am going to have to endure for finding that tenner.

Exactly three months from today I will be back in the States. Soon I am going to let the folks in Maryland know that I will be expecting a crab feast complete with sweet tea and corn on the cob as soon as I arrive.

4 comments:

Logan said...

I really disagree with your choice to use the word TENNER. Clearly, it should be TEN-SPOT. Get it right or pay the price.

gwen said...

When you get home it will be crucial for you to watch the St. Patty's Day ep of How I Met Your Mother, as similar things happened to Ted last night. HUMMMMM

Unknown said...

Nice comparison, Gween. And B-T-dubs, Larnds, I think your good luck is a harbinger of good things to come, like on our Napoli trip.

Lindsey said...

I actually watched that ep online, and you are right. I didn't put that togeths. I, too, hope it is a continuing trend; I need all the luck I can get.