Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I'm not on crack; I'm straight up mentally ill!

So. My lame weekend is over and it is time to get back on the crooked and meandering path that I was on before. Drinking! Eating! Possibly reading things! Probably going to my lectures! Sometimes I feel as if this is what I was supposed to experience freshman year of college, but I was too busy obsessively checking the Union movie schedule and eating at Lenoir. It's arrested development. Better late than never, right? Although I have always held that I sowed my wild oats in middle school. There's nothing like drinking Diet Coke with Lime and Jack, smoking a cigarette, and then going to see a matinée showing of Monster's Inc. Am I right?

This week for my Contemporary Writing class we had to read Nights at the Circus by Angela Carter. I gave it 3 stars on Goodreads because I cannot decide how I feel about it. Parts of it were excellent, parts of it were boring, and parts of it were just revolting. Maybe our discussion tomorrow will help me decide. For my Shakespeare class I have to read Twelfth Night for the third time. Or I could just watch She's The Man. Just not the last scene. You know what I'm talking about.

I feel like all I ever want to write about is food. But I don't cook, so I can't have one of those food blogs where people take pictures of the delicious things they make and then I get really hungry and jealous. Because if I had a food blog it'd be like, Here's a picture of the 45p Sainsbury's Basics pizza I cooked. See how the cheese is all black and molten? That was achieved by forgetting about it until two minutes after it should have come out of the oven. I consumed it in 10 minutes with some milk I poured into an empty water bottle so I wouldn't have to clean a glass. It also goes great with tap water or Coke, depending on how fat you want to feel.

I have to say, care packages are great things. But they are anomalous, especially when it comes to Candy Holdings. My Candy Holdings are usually very low. Sometimes in order to get a 50p coin (since that is the only coin the dryers in my building take) I have to buy a Kit Kat or something. But that's usually it. And at home they are probably even lower, depending on when the last time I went to the movies was. But ever since Logan sent me a care package containing candy, my Candy Holdings have been too high to bear. I can't look at the candy without thinking, Well, it might as well be in my belly. It's doing no good just sitting on my desk like that.

So yes, this is the biggest problem in my life right now. Too much candy. And we all know what Trace Adkins had to say about that: "Too much candy? What's that mean? It's like too much money; there's no such thing."

3 comments:

Liddy said...

You do not have a "I refuse to eat peanut butter, even under threat of waterboarding" option in your poll.

Detgen said...

It's like a girl too pretty, with too much class. Being too lucky, car to fast. No matter what they say I've done, I ain't never had too much candy. <--Memory.

Detgen said...

*a car too fast. I'm not going through all that deletion hullabaloo.