Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Hey, nerds! Who's got two thumbs, speaks limited french, and hasn't cried once today? This moi.

Yesterday something very odd happened.

I wanted to go the library to work on my paper, but the stupid place was packed. And there is a serious lack of outlets, so I couldn't find a desk that allowed me the luxury of plugging in my computer. I got really fed up and mumbled a lot about how the 6th floor of Davis never left me so unfulfilled, and then I went to the Union instead.

I worked for a few hours, and just as I was about to leave, this random old guy came into the room I was in. He was wearing what looked like MC Hammer pants, a hat, a scarf, and an old coat. And he was holding a pint from the Union bar. When he came in I was like, OK. He's going to sit at the other table. Nope. He put his beer down and then squeezed past this column to come stand right next to me, leaning on the table, staring at my computer screen. He smelled like booze. He stood there for maybe 7 minutes just muttering about how he hates computers and the internet. Occasionally he would shout something like, "It's all SHITE!" The entire time he was standing there, I just continued to talk to Logan on AIM like nothing was happening. At one point he touched my computer screen with his gross hand and muttered something about how "everything is digital premiums, what are digital premiums, what the FUCK are they?" (I was looking at Time Warner Cable packages. I was like, 'Um, cable?' But he seemed not to hear.) I felt very violated when he touched my computer screen. I tried to make it clear that I was busy and had no idea what the shit he was doing, but he was immune to my subtleties. It was a very strange experience. I wish I could remember some of the shit he said. He was off his nut. Finally he left, and told me I was a nice person, God bless, etc. I don't know why he was so angry about the internet. I quite like the internet.

Tomorrow I am going to see a rugby match. It's UWE vs. Bristol; apparently they are rivals. It should be good times. And then on Thursday I am going to see The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Abridged). At some point I am going to finish an essay and read two plays. We'll see how that goes.

Right now I am going to watch the newest episode of House. WHAT UP.

No comments: