Sunday, May 4, 2008

I hope to one day live in a world where someone can tell a hilarious AIDS joke. It's one of my dreams.

So. Two things.

1. I think carnivals are following me around. I have been surprised by not one, but three carnivals in my travels throughout Europe. I was just walking around in Naples and came across this completely abandoned kiddie carnival. It was raining and it was one of the sketchiest, most depressing things I've ever seen. Then when Tyler and I were in Cologne there was a carnival going on, so we went and rode this really scary swing ride. And then today I went to the UBU shop to get some food and what is in my way? Oh, you know, just bumper cars. What the shit? Looking at those bumper cars I was like, Well, this is definitely the most surreal thing that's going to happen all day. Also, is there one manufacturer of carnival rides? Every one I have seen has had the same decoration. It's all neon colors and airbrushing and then really random drawings of celebrities.

2. Let me tell you about this dream I had the other day. I think it was a lucid dream, you know when you know you're dreaming in your dream. But it wasn't cool. It was awful. So I'm dreaming that I'm on my bed in my dorm, and I look up and someone is coming in the door. Who is it? It's my mom! I got so excited in my dream. Like, I don't know if I've felt that kind of genuine elation since the seventh Harry Potter came out. And then in my dream I am like, No, wait. This can't be happening. I must be dreaming. And it was the worst feeling ever. I haven't felt that horrible and sad in a dream since I dreamed someone in my family died. It didn't compare to that dream, but it was still awful. So, yeah. I miss my mom. And I have been having really weird dreams lately.

3. I'm watching this show Reaper right now, and it's actually pretty good.

I should really be doing work. OH WELL.

3 comments:

Detgen said...

If you had taken pictures of the Naples carnival, they would have been very artsy. Sorry you missed that opportunity. It would've been a pretty solid in with the hipsters.

Unknown said...

Where was the kiddie carnival in Naples? I don't remember seeing that.

Lindsey said...

It was down by the water, the place I kept telling you I went. If you stayed on Via Partenope instead of turning onto Via Santa Lucia you would hit it. Kind of at the back of the Palazzo Reale. And I really should have taken pics of it; IDK why I didn't. I guess the rain?