Saturday, June 14, 2008

Is there a term besides 'Mexican' that you prefer? Something less offensive?

In the battle of my cravings, Mexican Food is the projected winner. Disheartened by cries of 'Mexican Food cures everything!' and 'I would make love to a burrito right now,' the other competitors have fallen behind. They have come to realize that the road to my heart (stomach?) is not paved with pizzas or sandwiches without mayonnaise, but instead with jalapeƱos and salsa.

Really, though. I just made some chili con carne, and it made my hangover disappear. Mexican food is the answer to every question. What's for dinner? Mexican food. What's awesome? Mexican food. Who are you voting for in the 2008 Presidential Election? Barack 'Mexican Food' Obama, and I'll be celebrating his win with what you ask? Oh, you guessed it. Mexican food. Awesome.

Sorry, guys. I think it's the fact that I only have 4 days left here and I am fuh-reaking out. I feel divided. One part of me is counting down the hours, and the other part of me doesn't want to leave, not even in the slightest. They are warring within me! Oh nooooes! One thing is certain, though. I am not looking forward to flying Air France. Curse you, Charles De Gaulle International Airport. You will be the death of me.

Things I did this week that were not writing unnecessary blog posts:
I went to the Bristol zoo. The lemurs were awesome. So were the gorillas.

And I also saw Gone Baby Gone again, and was forced to interact with some really irritating young teenage girls on the bus. Is it really that fun to goad strangers? I've never understood it. Here's my favorite part of our brief exchange:

Chav: Do you believe in God?
Me: No.
Chav: Oh, fair play.

No comments: